Working in a Respectful and Inclusive Workplace
The Canadian construction and maintenance industry is committed to building respectful and inclusive workplaces. Our goal is to enhance your toolkit of career skills and equip you to be successful and participate in creating a respectful and inclusive workplace. Working in a Respectful and Inclusive Workplace looks at how a respectful and inclusive workplace can benefit everyone by eliminating discrimination and harassment, and how everyone can create respect through inclusive communication, teamwork, and mentorship. This course uses interactive elements, scenarios, videos, and quizzes to reinforce the learning.
Click Here to download the fact sheet for this course.
This course has been accredited by the Canadian Construction Association (CCA) to one (1) credit towards Gold Seal Certification upon successful completion of this course. A final mark of 100% is required in order to receive a certificate of completion.
By the end of this course you will:
Structure and Workload
- Understand industry expectations for respectful and inclusive workplaces.
- Know how to lead by example to help create a respectful and inclusive workplace.
- Know how to communicate more effectively with team members of different genders, backgrounds and circumstances.
- Know how to include the perspectives of team members of different genders, backgrounds and circumstances into decision-making and problem-solving.
- Work more effectively in mentorship relationships with team members of different genders, backgrounds and circumstances to transfer trade and workplace knowledge to the next generation.
This course consists of 8 lessons, for a total duration of about 3 hours of self-paced instruction.