For people working in estimating or for any individual who wants to become an estimator.
Gain the knowledge and skills required to visualize the scope and magnitude of a construction project and produce accurate and reliable estimates.
Course work includes reviewing drawings through various phases of a project with the aim of determining the quantity and type of materials required for the project.
- Have a good understanding of estimating practices.
- Know site-specific conditions and regulatory requirements.
- Know how to handle purchasing and logistics, and how to manage materials on site.
- Organize cost data in a clear and logical manner.
- Be able to manage historical information related to costs and know how and when to update this information.
- Know how to assemble bids and meet bid closure deadlines.
- Provide on-site solutions to work-related problems in relation to equipment and material placement.
This course is worth 2 Gold Seal credits.
Click Here to view fact sheet