For anyone working in the oil and gas pipeline construction industry.
This course is designed to familiarize workers with the unique safety requirements associated with working in the pipeline construction industry, from construction to inspection.
- Understand the rights and responsibilities of workers and employers.
- Learn how to recognize, assess, and control hazards on the worksite.
- Identify front-end hazards associated with drilling and excavating.
- Understand hazards associated with drilling and hoisting equipment and learn to communicate them to others.
- Identify safe practices associated with pipe, including preparation, bending, assembly, coating, and inspection.
- Understand traffic control protocols, working safely in confined spaces and at heights, and how to use lock-out and tagging devices.
- Identify hazards associated with noise, air quality, the environment, and electricity.
- Learn the importance of the safe operation of construction vehicles and heavy equipment.
- Understand WHMIS and learn how to use personal protective equipment.
- Learn about emergency response plans, first aid resources, and incident reporting procedures.
Click Here to view fact sheet