For owners, managers, supervisors, and project managers who deal primarily in trade-to-trade and/or trade-to-customer situations.
Understand construction contracts and contract law.
- Understand the origins of law.
- Understand what a contract is and what makes it valid or invalid.
- Know the different types of construction contracts.
- Understand roles in the construction industry as they apply to contract law.
- Understand the liabilities and responsibilities of all parties to a contract.
- Be able to interpret contracts.
- Understand what defines a custom contract.
- Understand the principles of surety and different types of bonds.
- Know what type of insurance is required.
- Understand claims, the reasons for claims, and how to compile and submit proper extras and claims.
- Know the acts and regulations that are relevant to the construction industry.
- Develop strategies to avoid conflict with contracts, owners, trades, and labour.
This course uses interactive elements, scenarios, videos, and quizzes to reinforce learning.
This course is worth 2 Gold Seal credits.
Click Here to view fact sheet
Registration / Enrollment
Once you register for a course you will receive an email with instructions and a PIN number within 24 - 48 hours of registration. All registrations received after hours will be processed the next business day.